GHANA FOOTBALL FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GHANA FOOTBALL FORUM

Ghana football is the best in Africa. Discuss Ghana football now.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Philips Saa7134hl Driver
U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:51 pm by daemicolyn

»  The Drab International Friendly Soccer Between England and Spain.
U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:36 am by visionsen

» Tottenham F.C Set To Over Take Chelsea F.C At The Premiership?
U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 am by visionsen

» Ghana"s Samuel Inkoom Makes Football History By Mistake ?
U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:56 am by visionsen

» Some Europa Soccer League Results.
U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:50 am by visionsen

» Why the Gunners are misfiring
U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:13 am by visionsen

» Thanks Arsenal For Teaching Chelsea Footbal Lessons.
U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:06 am by visionsen

» Another Trouble For Kolo Toure At Manchester City.
U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:44 am by visionsen

» Tevez May Sue His Manager.
U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:05 am by visionsen

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Forum
Ad

U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tayloralfredl

U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s Empty
PostSubject: U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s   U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:54 pm

U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s U19ugly29010
Vietnam’s under-19 team came from behind to beat Singapore’s under-21 squad 2-1 at the fourth International U21 Football Tournament at HCMC’s Thong Nhat Stadium on Monday.

Questions remain about the legitimacy of the win.

The young Vietnamese players’ performance left a pretty bad impression on the hometown fans in general and on the Singaporean visitors in particular.

The game began with an unimaginable blunder.

The Son, an unmarked defender, passed the ball back to goalkeeper Anh Duc who was standing a bit far from the goal. The ball sailed past Duc and into the back of the net.

Though Son was replaced immediately after the incident but the sudden goal placed the team in a dire mood.

At times, it looked like the Vietnamese didn’t know how to get the ball into the Singaporean penalty zone.

With a bit of luck, however, the Vietnamese boys claimed an equalizer five minutes from the final whistle. Quoc Phuong fired a shot that bested Singapore’s goalkeeper.

The point surprised the Singaporean players, causing them to lose concentration and allowing the Vietnamese players to take a second goal in the final minutes after a mix-up in Singapore’s penalty area.

The confused coup allowed the Vietnamese fans to heave a sigh.

Yet it was a sigh without relief. The gameplay turned just plain ugly, at times. Several deliberate fouls by the home players caused the fans to be more worried than happy about the final 2-1 victory.

“Today, I am pleased with my players’ fast performance,” said Vietnam’s team coach Trieu Quang Ha. “Yet my players were not psychologically well, especially after conceding the first goal because of an own goal.They are still very young, and that was why they couldn’t keep calm and that led to their fouls. This is what they need to improve in the future.”

Singapore’s U21 team coach Pathmanathan S/O Thambiayah struck a rather disappointed note.

“It was a hard game for my players,” he told reporters after the match. “I don’t want to comment on the referees’ work in this game. The result was not as good as we expected but that is football. One problem is that several of my players suffered serious injuries.

“My players did their best today, though. I want to congratulate the Vietnamese U19 team on the win.”

In other action, the Vietnamese team’s coaching staff, manager and players held a post-game meeting to discuss their performance.

Following the meeting, Team Manager Truong Hai Tung publicly apologized to the spectators and TV viewers for the young team’s failure to exhibit proper restraint. He admitted that his players had made deliberate fouls after the disheartening first goal.

The team’s managerial staff and the players promised to improve the situation in the coming games. Tung also apologized to the visiting Singaporean U21 team for the incidents in the game.

U19 hosts takes dirty win over Singapore’s U21s
Page 1 of 1